Good novels to snuggle up by the fire with this winter
I asked around for recommendations for any good novels to snuggle up by the fire with this winter. Here are the recommendations I got… I read a LOT of personal development & non-fiction, but I’m craving some really good stories to escape into. Nothing violent or dark. I absolutely loved The Midnight Library by Matt Haig. Any epic tales of transformation were most welcome…extra points if clothes are part of that transformation!
- The one that was recommended the most is Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.
- Another favourite seems to be City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert.
- The Return by Victoria Hislop
- The Forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo
- The Glorious Guinness Girls by Emily Hourican
- The Sun in Her Eyes by Paige Toon
- Undersong by Kathleen Winter
- The Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green
- The Hearts Invisible Furies by John Boyne
- The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields
- Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
- The Overstory by Rochard Powers
- The Jean Auel Series beginning with “The Clan of the Cave Bear”
- Winging It by Anna Jefferson (local Brighton writer!)
- Nailing It by Anna Jefferson (local Brighton writer!)
- Miss Austen by Gill Hornby
- Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
- This Book will Save Your Life by A. M. Homes
- The Pillow Book by Sei Shōnagon
- Why Go to Church? by Timothy Radcliffe
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Poison Wood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Puppet Boy of Warsaw by Eva Weaver
- The Eye of the Reindeer by Eva Weaver
- Me by Lesley Pearce
- Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan
And a few more…
Let me know if you have more and which ones are you putting on your reading list for the winter.